Saturday 13 October 2012

A Little Update

I've been rather MIA of late, so thought a little life update was in order!

Source: here

1. I moved house at the beginning of September! My new flat is only half a street down from my old house, but it's been a big step for me as I've moved in with my boyfriend. Everything's wonderful so far; no arguments, no mould, and so much more space! We have a rather noisy upstairs neighbour and the bedroom doesn't get sunshine through the window until late afternoon but it's mostly just brilliant. I've been collecting some little decorative bits and bobs here and there, but I'm trying to restrain myself as I'm very conscious that we'll be moving out again next summer.

2. I'm now fashion editor for The Saint, the independent student newspaper for my university! I am SO excited about this, you wouldn't believe! I've already interviewed some local independent boutiques, and reviewed an art gallery opening (Selling Dreams at the McManus in Dundee - I'd highly recommend a visit if you're in the area), with more events in the pipeline.

3. I've started a new job - as well as working at the restaurant on weekend evenings, I now do a couple of shifts a week at a local boutique, Pretty Things, where I work as a shop assistant and also run their social media sites! This is another thing I'm super excited about - I've written blogs for them, helped co-ordinate photo shoots and created newsletters, as well as doing stuff on Facebook and Twitter. Another job that I'd never done before, and totally loving it! All the staff and customers are super lovely too, that's always a welcome bonus!

4. Classes for my fourth and final year as an undergraduate are well under way. This is absolutely terrifying - I still don't really have any clear plan about what I'm going to do when I graduate (aside from moving somewhere cheap with my boyfriend - Glasgow, optimistically). I don't know what I want to do for a career, although writing for The Saint and working for Pretty Things has made me thing that I want to do something media-related. This is why I think Glasgow would be a great move: I'd hopefully be able to get a job in a shop or waitressing to pay the rent, and could spend my spare time bugging BBC Scotland/newspapers/magazines to pay attention to me! We'll see what happens.


find me: Twitter // Bloglovin' // Pinterest // Etsy // Facebook

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely update, things seems great with you! Major envy for moving out into a flat, I am in dire need to move out from my 'rents!!

    xx
    The Young Bridget Jones

    ReplyDelete