Tuesday 8 May 2012

Review: Latest in Beauty 'Little Beauty Box'



I've been deliberating about signing up to Glossybox or one of the other monthly beauty subscription boxes for a while now; I love testing out new products (and getting parcels through the post!) but I'm not so keen on the idea of dishing out around £15 a month for things I might not like or ever use. So when I stumbled across the Latest in Beauty website, I was very eager to sign up.

The concept of their 'Little Beauty Box' is similar to Glossybox et al., only slightly different and (in my opinion) much better. Every month you get to choose what will go in your box: there are three 'rounds', each with three products in, and you choose one product in each round. The Little Beauty Box is FREE(!!!) and you only have to pay for postage (£1.50, sent via text message); this is also NOT a subscription service, you only pay for the boxes you want to receive. The only downside is that the samples are much smaller than the other monthly subscription boxes, but for £1.50 there isn't really much to complain about!



I ordered my Little Beauty Box at 9.40pm last Wednesday (May 2nd) and it arrived by Royal Mail this morning. The packaging isn't particularly fancy, just a strong brown box, but it does fit through the letterbox which is great, as I was at the library when it arrived!




You get quite a good stash of samples! I ordered the following: Liz Earle sheer skin tint, which came in three sample sachets, one each of the three shades it comes in; SUPER by Dr Nicholas Perricone eye cream, which came in 6 sachets; and an Elemental Herbology skin care trio, one sachet each of a cleanser, moisturiser and face mask.





On the website, it looks like you can purchase the full-sized version of products that you have trialled at a discount price, so I'll be looking out for that in the next few days if I enjoy these samples! Once I've tried them all, I'll post reviews for each product.

Have you tried the Latest in Beauty 'Little Beauty Box'? What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I don't much like the idea of choosing my own products.. I think the surprise element is the best bit! I'd only really use this if there was a particular sample I wanted... Although I probably shouldn't even consider it, I'm already signed up to Glossybox AND Boudoir Privé!

    What's the Liz Earle product like? I quite like the look of it, but why would they send you one of each colour, surely you should be able to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the Liz Earle yet, I'll post a review when I have though! Yeah I wondered that, it seems a bit strange that they send you all the different shades when you could have three samples of the right one, but it's good for me because I've never used any Liz Earle products before so I'm not sure what shade I'd be! I like mixing them too, so I suppose it will be handy for that too!

    ReplyDelete