Monday 30 July 2012

A/W Wardrobe Planning: Ankle Boots

I spent three or four hours spring cleaning yesterday - cleaning my walls, floors, and inside my wardrobe, washing almost all my clothes, cleaning my shoes - but about twenty minutes after I'd hung out the last load of washing, it absolutely poured down! Everything was completely drenched, and still is! I had to go to work in it as well, and my clothes were soaked through after walking the 45 seconds down the road to my boss's car. My first thought? I really need some rainproof shoes.

I buy a new pair of boots every winter, but I've never loved a pair so much that I've kept them for more than a year: this needs to change. I've always settled for what I thought 'would do' at the time, or what I could afford on a whim, rather than hunting out my ideal pair and saving up for them.

So what is my ideal pair of winter boots? They need to be black, so I can wear them with everything; made from leather, for comfort; and ankle height with a small heel. I'm also gravitating towards lightly embellished pairs rather than plain ones - nothing too blingy or brash, just to make them a little bit more interesting.

ankle boots, mid heel boots, black, leather
1: H by Hudson // 2: New Look // 3: Rag & Bone // 4: Jeffrey Campbell // 5: Dorothy Perkins
These Rag & Bone 'Harrow' biker boots are what I'd call perfection. A flattering almond toe, a decent-sized stacked heel, and interesting details in the contrasting white stitching and wrap-around strap. The only negative is the price (£345 on NaP); ideally I wouldn't want to pay more than £200, but none of the more affordable options please me as much. The plan is to shop around and wait until semester starts in the second week of September; if they haven't dropped in price by then, I'll pay the full amount. I know it will be worth it!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I love your blog & I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. You can read about it here:
    http://littlefashionstudent.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/liebster-award.html

    Grace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE These! I've been looking for something similar actually! Have you seen the new season Primark ones? They look pretty damn amazing and they're only £20!!!
    http://www.look.co.uk/pictures/primark-exclusive-see-the-new-collection-here-first/primark-aw12-studded-boots-%C2%A320

    Loving your blog xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They remind me of the Acne Pistol boots! Amazing value, doubt they'd be real leather / last longer than a season though :(

      Delete