1. You must link back to the person who gave the award to you!
2. Post eleven things about yourself
3. Answer the questions the person giving you the award has set for you.
4. Create 11 questions for the people to answer that you have given the award to.
5. Choose people to give the award to and link them in your post.
6. Go to their blog and tell them.
7. You can't give the award back to the blogger who gave it to you!
11 facts about me:
1. I originally went to art school, but dropped out after 6 weeks to do A Levels instead.
2. When I was little I wanted to be a professional roller skater!
3. At the moment I live in a gorgeous little house with my three bestest friends, but in a couple of months I'm moving into a flat with my boyfriend - it's only 30 seconds down the street but I'm terrified!
4. For the past few days I've only had about 30% of my usual hearing - and I'm a waitress! - but the doctor can't do anything about it for another fortnight. It's the most frustrating thing and I have a heightened respect for anyone with long-term hearing difficulties.
5. I've loved books since my granny taught me how to read aged 3, but for some reason I can't stand reading the set texts for my degree!
6. I am forever in my overdraft, partly because of the ridiculous cost of living here in St Andrews, partly because I'm just terrible with money...
7. I graduate next summer (fingers crossed...) but I literally have no idea what kind of career I want - only that I'll be moving to Glasgow!
8. My favourite ever TV show was LOST, I was completely obsessed with it the whole time it was running and still rewatch it religiously!
9. I was similarly obsessed with the Harry Potter books and films (and still am!), and was SO angry at the last book because I felt personally betrayed by J.K.Rowling! Some of that resentment still remains...
10. My three most favourite things to do are translate, bake/eat scones, and paint. If I could combine them into some kind of realistic job, I'd be the happiest person in the world!
11. I set my alarm every morning to make sure I wake up in time for Homes Under the Hammer...
The questions I have to answer:
1. What is your favourite colour?
ORANGE! My boyfriend always laughs when I say this though, because I don't really own anything orange! But it definitely is my favourite colour, it's just so difficult to find anything to buy in the right shade!
2. What is the last thing you bought?
A new black jumper for work and some chain bracelets and necklaces for an upcoming DIY post (ooh mysterious) from H&M.
3. Do you have any pets?
I used to have a bichon frisé called Poppy but sadly she died just before I went home last Christmas. My mum now has two new border collie crosses called Darcie and Blodwyn but I don't really class them as 'my' pets because I don't see them very much! I really want to get a dwarf rabbit next year but my boyfriend is quite reluctant!
4. What colour of nail polish are you wearing right now?
I've been redoing the gold and cream ombre nails for ages! I should probably mix it up soon to something different!
5. Where has your favourite holiday been?
I've been so fortunate to have some amazing holidays! To celebrate finishing my GCSEs, my mum took me on safari to Kenya - something I'd wanted to do since I was 5 or 6! - which was obviously incredible; I also went InterRailing around eastern/mid-Europe after my first year at uni, which was the first independent holiday I'd ever been on; last summer I won a few nights in a 5-star hotel in London with flights which was the first holiday I'd been on with my current boyfriend - we went to see the ballet at the Royal Opera House and Shakespeare at The Globe - so wonderful and magical! I can't decide!
6. What shampoo/conditioner are you currently using?
Superdrug's own brand coconut and almond oil shampoo and intensive conditioner - it's SO good! It smells absolutely delicious and leaves my hair soft and manageable. I got them for 70p each when they were half price and honestly feel gutted that I used to spend £8+ on other brands!
7. Is your hair naturally straight, wavy, or curly?
My hair totally has a mind of it's own; if I let it dry naturally, it could turn out like anything! It's usually pretty wavy, but occasionally it will end up poker straight or super curly!
8. What do you see yourself doing in 5 years time?
Hopefully I'll have graduated, possibly with a Masters/PhD if I can decide what to specialise in! I'll be 27 in 5 years (gosh that's terrifying), ideally I'll still be with my boyfriend and settled into a flat in the city but realistically we'll still be renting. Hopefully I'll have a job of some description that I'm happy working at! I'd love to still be blogging away and selling some paintings on Etsy.
9. Name one place you've always wanted to go to, but have never been to.
Gosh, so many places! India, Ukraine, China, Russia, Iceland, South Africa... none are particularly realistic right now! Next summer I'm hoping to go to Norway, I've wanted to go there for ages and my housemate is half-Norweigan and she has lots of family there so hopefully I'll tag along with her!
10. What was the last thing you saw at the cinema?
I haven't been for ages! I think it was Dark Shadows - I'm a massive Tim Burton/Johnny Depp fan, but was left a little disappointed. Chloe Moretz was fabulous as usual though, can't wait to see more of her!
11. What's your favourite film?
THE LION KING! Or Black Swan. Both films left me emotionally wrecked for a good couple of days after the first few times I watched them.
Questions for you to answer:
1. What was the first film you ever saw?
2. Flats or heels?
3. Who is your fictional crush?
4. What is your favourite pudding?
5. What is your favourite quote?
6. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
7. Why did you start blogging/what keeps you blogging?
8. Do you have a party trick or secret talent?
9. What is the most expensive item in your wardrobe?
10. What is the biggest bargain in your wardrobe?
11. What is your favourite social networking site?
I'm going to tag Lisamello, Hannah from Hannah Said So, and Aishling from Le Stage, three blogs that I love and check religiously in my Google Reader!